January 11th, 2014 by Edna Cooper
The Varsity Team is going to the PAC-12 tournament, leaving January 17 at 3:00 and returning Sunday, January 19. We will be playing in the tournament as well as watching a lot of high level college rugby. The cost is $300 and includes two nights at DoubleTree Santa Monica, and dinner on Saturday. To pay for your player’s fees by credit card, click the “Pay Trip Fees Now” button below. Otherwise be sure to submit payment by check to Coach Ned. Make the check payable to PITS Rugby Club.
Please contact Coach Ned if you have any questions!
December 10th, 2013 by Edna Cooper
Registration is now OPEN for the 2014 Season!
Parents and Players—Come to the Kick-Off meeting
Thursday, December 12, 7pm
Piedmont Middle School MPR
For more info:
Coach Ned Schroeder, Phone: (510) 531-6959
Coach Kenny Meyersieck,
Conditioning Coach Jukka Valkonen
2014 Captains: Fiachra Collins & Liam Schindler
The Top 10 Reasons to play PITS Rugby
- It’s Fun!
- It’s easy to learn.
- There’s a spot for everyone.
- You develop strong bonds with teammates.
- It promotes good sportsmanship and high level of physical fitness.
- PITS Rugby produces the most intercollegiate athletes of any other sport from Piedmont.
- It’s now an Olympic sport.
- It’s an international sport, so you get to meet people from all over the world.
- PITS travels to cool places to play rugby including Canada, Europe, and the PAC-12 Tournament at UCLA.
- You can tap into an amazing network of more than 300 PITS Rugby alumni, including some who have played for and coached U.S., international and collegiate teams.
November 6th, 2013 by Edna Cooper
2014 Captain Fiachra Collins 2014 Captain Liam Schindler
We are preparing for an exciting upcoming season!
- For those with rugby experience, it will start with a trip to UCLA (1/17-1/19/2014). Conditioning starts NOW. See team captains for more information about Jukka’s workout plan.
- For those new to rugby, get ready for an amazingly fun game with a great group of kids and solid coaching. Conditioning starts NOW, but formal practices don’t begin until late January. Players will be contacted by a team captain to learn more.
PITS will use our TeamSnap site to communicate amongst coaches, parents and players regarding schedules and registration tracking. We need all rugby families to provide the cellphone numbers/carriers of their player, so that the coaches have the ability to send text messages in the event of last minute changes (parents are welcome to include their own, too).
Our formal practices will run from roughly late January to late April. They will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays at 4-6 pm at Laney College. Our game schedule won’t be available to us until mid-December, but they usually occur on weekends.
Informal pre-season conditioning begins NOW!!! For those playing football, the pre-season conditioning begins at the end of the football season. See your team captains for more information.
- Visit www.pitsrugby.com for our public schedule and announcements as soon as they are ready.
- Visit www.facebook.com/PITSRugby to see photos, etc. Be sure to “Like” PITS Rugby!
- Visit Northern California Youth Rugby Association (NCYRA) at www.ncyrugby.org to learn more about the game of rugby at this level. Our registration form requirements are dictated by this organization, so your cooperation with our seemingly detailed information requests is greatly appreciated.